Did you know that you can petition for your own green card and receive an approval in as fast as two weeks if you can establish extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics? To see if you qualify, feel free to take our free test! To qualify, you must satisfy three of the criteria listed in 8 C.F.R. § 204.5(h)(3), and this is precisely what our test is about. As you can see from the test, the criteria are not easy to satisfy, but proving that you are extraordinary is not as difficult as some people may think. Remember, however, that in order to win your case, you must demonstrate sustained national or international acclaim in your field (see INA § 203(b)(1)(A)(i)) and you must intend to continue to work in your field of extraordinary ability in the US. You must prove that your future work will substantially benefit the United States (see INA § 203(b) (1)(A)(ii) & (iii)). The good news is that no job offer from a US employer is required to get a green card under this category, which means that you can take your future in your own hands and resolve your immigration situation right away, if you qualify.
Evidence to demonstrate “sustained national or international acclaim” could be a one-time achievement, such as a major international award (for example, a Nobel Prize, Oscar or Grammy). If never received such a major award, then documentation of any THREE of the following is sufficient:
- Receipt of lesser nationally or internationally recognized prizes or awards;
- Membership in an association in the field for which classification is sought, which requires outstanding achievement of its members, as judged by recognized national or international experts;
- Published material about the person in professional or major trade publications or other major media;
- Participation as a judge of the work of others;
- Evidence of original scientific, scholastic, artistic, athletic or business-related contributions of major significance;
- Authorship of scholarly articles in the field, in professional or major trade publications or other media;
- Evidence of artistic exhibitions or showcases;
- Performance in a leading or critical role for organizations or establishments that have a distinguished reputation;
- High salary or remuneration in relation to others in the field;
- Commercial success in the performing arts.
If you have the documents to satisfy THREE of the above listed criteria, feel free to contact us for full evaluation of your eligibility for EB-1 green card.